Trade show booths today usually lack creativity. For many people entering the trade booth display business, this is a great advantage to undertake the proven principles of guerrilla marketing – and maximize the investment in their brand.
Starting off with team brainstorming and adapting the ideas with your marketplace and potential customers, you can definitely adopt guerilla marketing at a trade show display. Whether it is a surprise event, competition, a game or maybe sweepstakes – guerilla marketing creates a buzz for your brand.
So, wondering how to start off with some effective guerilla marketing for your trade show exhibit? We have 15 tips placed in three categories: pre-show, at the show and outside conference/onsite promo.
1. Use humor to surprise people and break their expectations
2. Customize a postcard page with a quote tailored to your brand
3. Hand out a key and make your visitors wonder what does it open?
4. Do a press release in a local newspaper or website with an upcoming story for your show
5. Integrate your social media channels to engage your audience
At the show
1. Create a wireless charging station and make your visitors wait while charging their phones – which is your action zone to promote and present your brand at its best
2. Hold a contest or a battle – fun enough and compelling so people are attracted to it
3. Make people tweet or post photos on Instagram with your amazing display show exhibit – with as many hashtags
4. Hand out gum or mints – leaving your visitors a good taste in their mouth is a proven method to win them
Outside conference/ onsite promo
1. Hire a gospel choir to sing your praises
2. Create a flash mob event with dancers or a band
3. Hire a guy to sell popcorn, tacos or hotdogs with your custom and branded paper holder
4. Get a celebrity character to impersonate your brand
5. Have a street musician sing your branded messages in witty songs
6. Make art on the sidewalks with your logo or slogan