Trade Show Metrics You Should Pay Attention to Measure Performance
A trade show is the best platform to be used when looking for opportunities to launch your new brand or increase awareness of your already existing brand. A trade show is an exhibition that showcases many companies and entrepreneurs under one roof. Therefore, trade shows are important marketing platforms. However, it is not necessary that a trade show booth proves to be profitable for everyone who participates in it. It is imperative that a cost-benefit analysis is done at the end of each tradeshow to find out if participating in trade shows comes out to be profitable for a particular business or not. You can perform this analysis by looking at the following items:
● Number of New Customers You Attract: If, after the trade show, you end up gaining new customers that would mean you have succeeded in gaining awareness for your brand. Use closed-loop marketing for this purpose. That means you start from the beginning of the process wherein the people filled out your forms at the trade show or visited your website and then see how many of those people ended up buying something from you.
This step will give you the new business that your trade show has succeeded in generating. In addition to this, if any old customers gained your attention in the trade show and later made a purchase. As a result, it would be a good idea to calculate this number too when measuring the success of your participation in the trade show.
● Number of Leads You Generate: Use a tracking URL that will help you go after leads that come from the trade show. By doing this, you can easily find out how many leads you have successfully generated by your participation in the trade show. Everyone who is at the trade show requires the buyers to notice their brand and become a successful customer for the business in the long run. You can also use an application used for tracking the leads.
● The Social Media Attention You Receive: Thanks to the various social media applications used worldwide, it has become straightforward for people to share their views and opinions about almost everything. Measuring how well you did or whether you made an impact at all at the trade show becomes very easy when you keep an eye on what people are saying about you after the trade show on different social media websites.
Another thing that you need to keep in mind when trying to understand the social media impact is the following you are getting from different social media platforms. Find out which platform generates the most attention. If for example most of the attention is coming from Twitter you might need to increase your presence on Twitter.
● Traffic On Your Website: Another important factor to take into consideration when measuring the performance of your business is the kind of traffic you get on your website. With an efficient website, it will be easy for you to track the traffic. Visitors end up on your website by two methods; either by using a search engine or by directly putting in your website’s address. This part, however, does not mean any one of the methods receives more importance. Potential customers gathered by both of the methods are included when measuring the success of your trade show presence.
You can use this method of tracking down the audience on your website to find out if your trade show presence was indeed a success or not. By doing a thorough analysis of the kind of traffic that you gained before the trade show and after the trade show you can easily determine the success of your trade show.
● Surveys: A direct way of measuring the success of your trade show can be by preparing a brief survey given to the people showing interest in your brand or business. By making them fill out this survey form, you can find out how they feel about the brand/ business and whether they are likely to recommend the particular brand/business to their friends and family. You can also use this survey to gather feedback or suggestions from people.
These are some of the metrics that you can use to find the effectiveness of your trade show booth design. Make sure you take into account all these points and find out whether it is a good idea to participate in trade shows in the future or not.