Kinetica wanted to be at the center of Strata Hadoop data conference, amongst leading brands focussing on big data, data science and technology. With technologies like Apache Spark, Beam, Solr, Mesos, Akka, Myriad and much more being discussed, the conference was sure to attract the most influential decision-makers. Over 7000 expected visitors had a lot to cover in limited time and it was important to draw their attention. Kinetica wanted:
1. A premium look and feel to match the brand’s persona
2. The island booth to signal the brand’s pioneering position in the data world
3. A solution that could be used just for the show
The 20 X 20 island booth had a premium location and it was important to make the most of it. The crowd that usually walks along the sidelines, goes to an island if it looks promising. We suggested:
1. Creating a booth that took full advantage of height leeways given by the organizers to look larger than life
2. Making best use of technology with right lighting and multimedia to catch the busy eyes
3. Breaking away from conventional booth designs with just right elements for a de-cluttered look
4. Using white and blue to go with the brand as well as the premium look of the design
5. Refurbishing a rental design instead of building a booth from base up to serve the one-time use.
The result met the goals bang on. It meant that:
1. Kinetica’s vibrant booth was visible even from a distance, getting into every visitors’ must-visit list.
2. The customised rental booth looked so awesome, it did not pinch the budget and yet gave an impactful presence.